Journal 8
On Friday the topic was Emotional Intelligence. I was asked by my cooperator teacher to teach this topic. In the beginning, I did not know what to teach but then I remembered that once our university teachers made a lesson with an emotional test. So, I decided to take a test. The text had several questions in English and owing to the fact that the maximum time for the Friday class was just 1 hour I decided to apply the test. Every student was given a test and they started to complete it.
Once, I had explained what an emotional test was, I realised soon that they were not capable of doing it. So, I started reading alone the questions and asked students to come up with something. Some got something and was important to interpret the test. The activity went on until the last question was answered. Right after that, I set the conventions for the interpretations of the results. Some students were surprised to become aware that they lack Emotional intelligence such a human relationships.
This activity was quite funny for the students and they also enjoyed a lot. The only bad thing about the activity was that I made an extra effort reading and my throat got really hurt. As a consequence, I could not teach anymore for the last class. I did realised that the teacher's voice is very important for teaching and we must take care of our voice.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario