viernes, 14 de junio de 2019

Journal 1

Journal 1

     The first week of teaching took me by surprise because I found many issues which I was conscious that had to be addressed. One of the many issues that I found was the that the school I am supposed to teach is a rural one. This means that, this school lacks of many important things such as technology and educational resources like a library and so on. A part from that, it was quite sad to know that this school does not have an English teacher and it has remained in this way for many years. Hence, the student’s level is really poor with respect to English. My first lesson did not take me by surprise for I have already gained some experience in teaching English. Nonetheless, I used the L2 to introduce myself even though it was a complete fiasco since the students did not understand me nor did the official teacher.
At that moment was clear to me that the students had many problems. Also, that I had to start since the beginning as if they were students from elementary schools even though they were seventh graders. So, with those issues ahead of me; I started my first class. At the beginning I could see that they had problems understanding me but then I noticed that some of them were getting some ideas, this was a great moment and a good premonition of what the future could have in store for me and for my students.

2 comentarios:

  1. If there are many difficulties in urban schools, in rural ones too. Rural schools are very abandoned by the ministry of education, sometimes due to lack of students or lack of teachers who do not want to work there. It would be necessary to identify the main problems in order to solve them. It is a challenge for the teacher to teach in these types of school because they do not have the resources or materials to develop the classes; So the teacher has to be very creative or bring his own materials.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. yeah Brayan. Rural teacher has many difficulties and they must sort them out

      Eliminar