Journal 3.
The third week started to become quite hard for the students’ indiscipline. Nonetheless, the teacher co-operators help was helpful. In this week, were supposed to work with simple past and I did so. However, I had some problems with the time management for the students took so much time doing just one activity. So, my co-operator told me to make the activities shorter and with low complexity. This because I was doing some exercises to complicated. This is another constraint for me because students from eighth graders are supposed to start acquiring level b2 of English according to the common European reference for languages. But, in fact, this is not a real fact for my students. So, I have to plan classes for students of the third grade of elementary.
Another important issue of reflexion during this class was that students need opportunities to participate in class because they feel useful. In the beginning, I taught my classes alone but then I selected some students to go in front of the board in order for them to do some exercises. Some students were reluctant to participate but little by little they went in front. This showed the whole class that they must be ready and prepared at every moment to go in front of the board to do exercises. Another important aspect which I noticed was that students must work in pair to develop a sense of teamwork. Bu doing this, they develop a good rapport among them which can be key for their coming future.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario