Journal 5
This week was a little bit better that the last one. This was because I implemented my last two sessions of the innovation plan. To tell you a little bit about my innovation; it was concerning the global environment. Students watched a video about global warming; then, they learnt some vocabulary related to the topic. So far, students were kind of reluctant owing to the fact that they were just passive learners; I mean they had just to pay attention to the video and learnt global environment vocabulary. Nonetheless, things were about to change.
In the last two interventions of my Innovation plan, students had to bring some plastic bottles to create a broom. In this part, students were so happy making the broom because they felt useful. I gave them in English the instructions of how to make a broom and they understood and had lots of fun in doing so. They worked together like a real team and everyone was participating actively. For the first time, I saw in them that they were, to one extent, exciting.
The next fourth session of my innovation plan, students had to make a poster about global warming. Again, I could see that they were all drawing happily. Everyone participated eagerly either drawing or painting. I showed them some poster models and they chose the model they wanted to work with. All these manual activities showed that students are really bored of being sitting and listening to teachers. They just want to get really involved in activities where they feel useful and also where they can sow their talents.
ResponderEliminarDiego, an interesting project to raise awareness among students of global warming phenomenon; In addition, about this project, I highlighted that you give instructions and vocabulary to your students in English due to the fact I realized it is a complex vocabulary used in this topic. A good tip would be to see if the video does something else. You can look for strategies; for example: After watching the video, they relate the most important events of the video; Or, through subtitles, highlight the important vocabulary.